Motorized Blinds & Shades
Motorizing your blinds or shades is a smart way to get the most out of your window treatments. You’ll enjoy freedom from cords, ease of use, and a clean, sophisticated look. Plus, Graber Motorized Shades allow a range of control options, including integration into your smart-home system.
For homes with children or pets, motorized blinds and shades provide the ultimate in safety. Control your window treatments with remotes, smartphone apps, or a motorized wand. Each option has its own benefits. Ask your Graber Design Expert which option is right for you.
Considerations for Motorizing Your Shades
Motorization is available on all our most popular blinds and shades:
- App & Gateway: All Graber shades
- Z-Wave Motor: All Graber shades
- Motorized Wand: Cellular, pleated, solar, and roller shades
- Three Remote Options for local control
Graber offers three exciting ways to motorize your blinds and shades:
- App & Gateway: A whole home solution with phone or voice control
- Three Remote Options: two-button, three button, and multi-channel
- Motorized Wand: Intuitive, three-button wand that comes attached to the shade
Choose from three convenient ways to power your blinds and shades:
- Plug-in transformer
- Regular batteries (AA batteries)
- Rechargeable battery pack: Charges completely in five hours—lasts for a year
Benefits of Motorized Blinds & Shades
Easy step-by-step instructions to set up and control shades, devices, and gateways.
Motorization eliminates control cords, making it the ideal window-treatment solution for households with children and pets.
Control at Your Fingertips
Control a single shade—or a whole house full of shades—from your phone or tablet.
Connect with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for convenient voice control.
Motorization makes it easier to close your blinds and shades so you can benefit from their insulating properties.
Create routines and time-based schedules.
Not having to touch cords or other lift devices can help curb the spread of germs.
Set shades to open and close while away from home for increased security.
App & Gateway
Control from your phone or with your voice from anywhere.
Connect Graber motorized blinds and shades with your gateway device or the Graber motorization app to control your shades on your phone or with your voice.
- Convenient mobile app for shade control with iOS or Android devices
- Controls any—and all—Graber Z-Wave Shades
- Intuitive and user-friendly
- Simple integration—no need for a third-party hub
- Connects with Z-Wave technology for broader in-home range
- Uses gateway device that connects the app to shades and devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Quieter than ever! Available with cellular, pleated, solar, roller, sheer, and layered shades.
We've upgraded the Z-Wave motor on our most popular shades.
- Available with sheer, layered, solar, roller, cellular, and pleated shades
- Quieter operation
- Long-lasting performance
- Can be operated with three remotes as well as the Graber Motorization App
- Low voltage motorization
- Push button control on shade end cap
- Powered with plug-in transformer, rechargeable battery pack, or non-rechargeable batteries. No costly electrical hardwiring required.
The motorized wand is the simplest way to motorize a shade. This electric cordless solution is easy, reliable, and quiet—in fact, it's our quietest motor yet.
An intuitive, three-button wand attached to the shade for the simplest way to motorize.
- Attached to the shade so you won't accidentally misplace your remotes
- Available with cellular, pleated, solar, and roller shades
- Two color options: white and black
- Variety of lengths for small to large windows: 24", 36", 48", 84"
- Powered with plug-in transformer, rechargeable battery pack, or non-rechargeable packs
Rechargeable Battery Pack
Holds 20% more battery charge than other motors.*
The rechargeable battery pack offers a simple, convenient way to power your shades—no hassles, no maintenance, no disposable batteries.
- Only needs to be charged once a year—Powerful, 12-volt lithium batteries charge completely in five hours and last about a year*
- Holds up to 20% more battery charge than other motors**
- Compatible with ALL Graber Z-Wave Shades and Motorized Wand Shades
- Retrofit capable—mounting clips remain the same as the existing battery pack
*Based on 3100 mAh compared to 2600 mAh in the competition.
**Estimated 12-month battery life based on average 48" x 60" shade operated once per day.
Compatible Smart Home Devices
Product Solutions Gallery
Scroll the table left or right to see other options.
App & Gateway
|Available with all Graber Shades||Available with all Graber Shades||Available with cellular, pleated, solar, and roller shades|
|Whole home solution||Whole home or single shade||Single shade|
|Android and iOS. Works with voice assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.||A range of remote options for operating anywhere from 1-24 shades.||Available in four lengths, as well as in black or white.|
Frequently Asked Questions
To pair a new shade with your remote, first, reset the remote by pressing and holding the button for 15 seconds. Once the LED stops flashing, release. The LED will flash green, amber, and red before turning off. Then on the new shade, press and hold the program button for 7 seconds. When the shade jogs, release. On the remote, quickly press and release the program button twice until the LED flashes amber and green. Then press and hold the program button on the shade for 3 seconds. When the LED flashes green, release. The shade will jog once and all LEDs will then turn off. The shade is now paired with the remote.
To pair your shade with a 12-channel or premium remote, first, press and hold the program button on your shade for 7 seconds. When the shade jogs, release. Then press and hold the MENU/RIGHT button for 2 seconds on the remote. Select ZWAVE > INCLUDE. On the shade you want to pair, press and hold the program button for 3 seconds. When the LED flashes green, release. Repeat as necessary for each shade you want to pair.
Need More Help?
Visit our support site for answers.
- Downloadable Manuals and Guides
- Power and Battery Support
- Video Collection
- Premium Remote and Shade Programming & Support
- Standard or Plus Remote and Shade Programming & Support
- Home Automation Support
- General Z-Wave Support
- How To Repair My Shade
- Motorization Wand Lift
- Motorization App Help Tips